I heard on NPR this morning that the truce, one hundred years ago, as soon as the leaders on both sides found out about the truce, they halted it and made everyone get back in the trenches and resume killing each other. Sometimes, I think the world would be better off if we did not have narcissistic, egoistic leaders. Most people just want to live and get along together. Promote a balance of peace in your own world by taking the questionnaire offered on ArmChairInstitute.com Visit armchairinstitute.com and support us. Thank you and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
Ways To Get Involved in the efforts to celebrate the Christmas Truce
- Write a Letter to the Editor, Op Ed, or poem. Send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign the Call For Peace, by the Veterans Peace Council
- Check out the Christmas Truce Podcast
- Read and share Christmas in the Trenches
- Download S. Brian Willson’s pocket-size “zine”, “Significance of the 1914 Christmas Truce <cover> <essay>
- Download and pass out the VFP Christmas Truce Handout
- Spread the message on social media. In the month of December, VFP National will post daily at least one relevant article, image, or Op Ed about the Christmas Truce on our social media networks. Be sure to join in the conversation!